Monday, May 23, 2011

Women Heroes of World War II - Kathryn J. Atwood

Women Heroes of World War II by Kathryn J. Atwood
One of the best things about Kidlit Celebrates Women's History Month was finding new titles. Atwood's latest is about 26 women from 8 different countries who stood up against Hitler's Nazi invasions during WWII.

This is a great introduction to 26 heroes. A few were well known like Corrie Ten Boom and Josephine Baker. Many hid Jews. Some women were captured and killed. All did their part to stop Hitler's reign. The text is fact filled and engaging. I was easily drawn the stories of these brave women. Well sited with extensive notes and a bibliography in the back. After each women story, a learn more box is included.

I highly recommend Atwood's website for Women Heroes of WWII , a great glimpse at what's inside this amazing collection.

I've linked this post to non fiction Monday, which is being host by Mary Ann over at Great Kids Books

1 comment:

Storied Cities said...

Since I don't think I could name any women heroes of WWII, I should probably look this book up!