Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday - A Little of Everything (Including Borders)

On Tuesday I posted an interview with Farhana Zia the author of Hot Hot Roti for Dada- ji . the book is illustrated by Ken Min. Initially I had planned to post the author and illustrator interviews together. I wanted it look like the interview I did with Renee Watson and Shadra Strickland for When A Place Like Hurricanes Happen. Looking back on Watson's and Strickland I realize its a bit long. So in the end I think separate is better and this time it is equal. Min's is coming soon. I love his answers.

Finished WildCat Fireflies by Amber Kizer the other day. It was very good. I love this series. I especially enjoy that Kizer's story is its own thing and not more of the same. I will review in the release month of July. The first book is Meridian (which is out in paperback) my review.

Before the Borders I worked at closed, I purchased a Kobo reader at a good price. (personal severance). Now I don't have to read egalleys on my laptop anymore. Downloading the books was very easy. I just have to figure out how to increase the font for a pdf file.

Working at a store that is closing is actually a lot of fun. Its the one time when the seller has the power. All the customer threats made me laugh.

" I am never shopping here again" - Me too
"I am going to shop at amazon from now on" - Again, me too
" I demand you take back my year old return."

No more laughing at bad customer jokes. No more watching people come in 7 days a week to use the free Wi Fi and not buy anything. No more pretending to care. There are a lot of great customers but some people should not be allowed to shop in stores. Will be talking more about my time at Borders later.

3 comments:

teacherninja said...

Keep up the retail rants. I could go on for pages about the crazy I've seen from people in bookstores. Wackos.

Doret said...

That they are. A bookstore would make for great reality TV

Lenasledgeblog.com said...

It's amazing what you can see in a bookstore or hear for that matter. I've heard alot of things from customers on cellphones, that I'm sure they wish people didn't know.