Thursday, May 12, 2011

Nerds Heart YA 2011 Shortlist

This is the third year of Nerds Heart YA. A tournament for underrepresnted literature. It always features a wonderful shortlist, allowing 32 titles to get a little more well needed and deserved exposure.


The 2011 shortlist.

NerdsHeartYA has a great track record of past winners.

2009 My Most Excellent Year by Steve Kluger - I loved this one so much. It ridicoulsy good, laugh out loud funny and filled me with so much joy.


2010 Last Night I Sang to the Monster by Benjamin Alire Saenz - Again nothing but love. This author is pretty sick with a pen. Once again Alire Saenz simply put is all into it.
Looking forward to seeing which of the 32 will win this year. But the best thing about this tournament is it's not just about the winner. There are some great books on the list that are worth adding to your tbr list. I've read 18 so far and I know for a fact there is some serious WoW.

1 comment:

Jodie said...

Thanks for mentioning the tournament Doret. I hope we can really push out the NHYA message this year and give these books a bit of an extra jump. I thought you'd have read quite a few off the list, but 18 is something else :)