Saturday, August 30, 2008

Online vs InStore Prices and other retail rants

It's 2008, people have been shopping online for awhile now. So can someone please tell me why, we still get this question- Why is this book 10 dollars less on amazon? MF really. And you try to be nice when you tell them ( overhead, salary etc) but they just look at you like you have two heads. MF I ain't got two heads you just slow as shit. (and you've never taken economics) Plus as Americans we like things now. I for one am all for instant gratification. So please tell me why a person would wait two days to get a book from Amazon if they could drive to a bookstore and get that some book for the same price. They wouldn't, but if said book is 10 dollars cheaper a person may be inclined to wait two days.

I hate when customers call and I can hear the television in the background. I don't want to hear Judge Mathis's verdict while I try to help you. WTF turn that shit off.

I hate the beginning of a new semester, students always come in looking for textbooks. We do not carry textbooks. Please tell me why they think a bookstore would carry 100 dollar textbooks. What sense does that make? Plue 3 months later half the students would try to return the textbooks. So absolutely none.

Please customers get off your cell phone, bluetooth or blackberry when checking out or asking for service its fu*k*n rude. I know I don't register on your rader but MF I am breathing.

To be continued

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Doret, send me your contact info and I'll send you a copy of THE FREEDOM BUSINESS.

Don TAte
Brown Bookshelf.

Liz Dwyer said...

Oh my goodness, you have me dying! This is one of the funniest, and truest, things I've read in a minute! Love it!