Monday, August 4, 2008

Fall Releases

Below is a list of upcoming releases that I am looking forward to. There is no order to this list.


Impossible by Nancy Werlin release date Sept. 18. After Rules of Survival, Werlin is a must read

Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman release date Sept. 30. While I wait for this to come out, I may finally read one of Gaiman's adult novel ( I know shame on me)

Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson release date Oct. 21. I love Anderson and look forward to everything she writes

Vibes by Amy Kathleen Ryan release date Oct. 6. There is something about this cover I like. The headphones probably

Ignatius Macfarland: Frequenaut! Paul Feig release date Sept. 1. I am intrigued by this book, the main character shares his name with John Kennedy Toole's classic novel lead Ignatius J Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces which I loved. Ignatius is a lot to live up to and I what to see if Feig can bring it.

Dark Dude Oscar Hijuelos release date Sept 16- This looks interesting, and I like coming of age stories

Getting the Girl: A Guide to Private Investigation, Surveillance, and Cookery Susan Juby release date Sept 30 After Another Kind of Cowboy this book is a must

Hero-Type Barry Lyga release date Sept. 22. I like novels that question what is patritotic especially during times of war.

Kendra Coe Booth release date Oct. 1. I absolutely loved Tyrell, so this book is a must read

This Book Isn't Fat, It's Fabulous Nina Beck out now I am always on the look out for books by African American teen authors. I don't read them all I just like to know what's available. I saw this title a few months back and tried to get an arc no such luck. But the book is out now and I plan on reading it not soon but sooner then later.

Autumn Winifred Oliver Does Things Different by Kristin O'Donnell Tubb release date Oct. 14. Eminent Domain scares the hell out of me, and it will be interesting to see how a kid will cope with it.

Out of the Pocket Bill Konigsberg release date Sept 18. A football player is outed. If the novel is as perfect as the title, then its instant love


Diary of a Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself Book release date Oct 15 - This is an obvious choice. It made my list for my nephew. He loves this series and he also writes graphic novels. I take no credit for the illustrations ( that's his mom) but the writing is all me. So I look forward to giving him this book

Pemba's Song: A Ghost Story by Marilyn Nelson release date Sept. 1 A supernatural novel featuring a black girl. Its a must read for me

Sight by Adrienne Maria Vrettos release date Sept 9. I loved the interview the author did on the Lockstockings blog. http://thelongstockings.blogspot.com/2008/05/chatting-with-adrienne-maria-vrettos.html

Steinbeck's Ghost by Lewis Buzbee release date Sept. 2. - I like books where the main character can see or talk to ghost

Ghost Medicine by Andrew Smith release date Sept. 2. This made my list because I liked the excerpt of The Feiwel and Friends site

Isabelle's Boyfriend by Caroline Hickey release date Sept. 2. This book could go many ways and I like that

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins release date Oct. 1. After all I heard I can't wait to read this.

Antsy Does Time by Neal Shusterman release date Sept. 28. The best sequels are the ones you don't know are coming out to the books you loved. And I absolutely loved the Schwa was Here.

The Order of Odd-Fish by James Kennedy- Out now. I saw it at work the other day. Stop working to take a peak. It looks interesting and odd.

Cycler by Lauren Mclaughlin release date Aug. 26 I am intrigued by this and I think the cover is perfect

I have a lot of great reading coming up. I'll probably start another kids kick in Sept.

No comments: