Saturday, January 2, 2010

Favorite Books of 2009 - Two A Day

Today, I will start my Favorite Books Read in 2009 - two a day. Beginning Picture books and Early readers

10 Favorite Picture Books of 2009
Olu's Dream by Shane W. Evans
The Lion & the Mouse by Jerry Pinkney
The Circus Ship by Chris Van Dusen
Those Shoes by Maribeth Boelts illus by Noah Z. Jones
Two of a Kind by Jacqui Robbins illus by Matt Phelan
The Rain Stomper by Addie Boswell illus. by Eric Velasquez
The Hat That Wore Clara B. by Melanie Turner-Denstaedt illus by Frank Morrison
Mouse Was Mad by Linda Urban illus. by Henry Cole
Rose's Garden by Peter H. Reynolds
Me With You by Kristy Dempsey and Christopher Denise


10 Favorite Early Readers of 2009
Nikki and Deja: Birthday Blues by Karen English illus by Laura Freeman
Calvin Coconut: The Zippy Fix by Graham Salisbury
Lunch Lady and the Cyborg Substitute by Jarrett J. Krosoczka
Ava Tree and the Wishes Three by Jeanne Betancout illus. by Angela Dominguez
Keena Ford and the Second-Grade Mix-Up by Melissa Thomson
Frankie Pickle and the Closet of Doom by Eric Wight
Make Way for Dyamonde Daniel by Nikki Grimes and R. Gregory Christie
Zac Power #1: Poison Island by H. I. Larry and Ash Oswald
Alvin Ho: Allergic to Camping, by Lenore Look illus by LeUyen Pham
Dinosaur Hunt (Max Spaniel) by David Catrow

4 comments:

Mardel said...

At first I didn't understand what you meant by two a day. Re-read? talk about them? review them? Then I figured out (mainly by LOOKING at your lists) that you were talking about categories. Then I was able to relax. I was really getting frustrated.

Thanks for the lists though. I work in a library and I'm always on the lookout for good books, and book recommendations. Do you mind if I copy your list? Just for library wishlist purposes.

Doret said...

Yes - Mardel please feel free to copy and you can even paste.

And I've reviewed many of these titles on my blog.

Mardel said...

Ahh, I read your reply and had a little chuckle - thanks! :)

Jeannine said...

I just read Rain Stomper after seeing it on your list. Great read. I love the illustrations of the girl as well.