Tuesday, August 31, 2010

On Sale Now : New Releases

Side by Side/Lado a Lado by Monica Brown illus. by Joe Cepeda - This is really good its the story of Dolores Huerta and Cesar Chavez working together. As far as I know this is the first children's book about Dolores Huerta.


Time to Pray by Maha Addasi illus. by Ned Gannon.
This is a late addition. Usually when I miss a book, I'll add it to next weeks new releases. However, the Holy month of Ramadan is being observed until September 9th. This picture book is about a young girl visitng her grandmother in a middle eastern city and learning the proper way to pray. The reason I know about this book and when Ramadan is celebrated is thanks to Jama Rattigan



Amazing Faces edited by Lee Bennett Hopkins I found about this one @ Literate Lives


Swing Cafe by Carl Norac - Amazon has the release date as Sept. 14th, it was listed as Sept 1st somewhere else. I decided to still include because it looks really good. And I have no qualms about listing it again the week of amazon's release date.

Lola Loves Stories by Anna McQuinn


Roberto's Trip to the Top by John B. Patterson


Kindergarten Cat by J. Patrick Lewis


Invisible Girl by Mary Hanlon Stone - One of the characters, Amal is an Egyptian muslim. I know this thanks to Ms. Yingling

Not a Good Look by Nikki Carter

No comments: