Sunday, February 12, 2012

Look At Me Reading Non Fiction/Sunday NYT Book Review

I currently have four nonfiction titles on my currently reading goodreads shelf

Words Set Me Free: The Story of Young Frederick Douglass by Lesa Cline-Ransome illus. by James E. Ransome
Jazz Age Jospehine by Jonah Winter illus. by Margorie Priceman
We've Got a Job by Cynthina Levinson
Abraham Lincoln & Frederick Douglass: the story behind an American Friendship by Russell Freedman
Panther Baby by Jamal Joesph

I usually read fiction, so four NF titles at one time is a lot for me. I've acutally finished all of them though I won't move to read column until I've reviewed them. I go back and forth about how I feel about Black History Month, but like it or not it gets me every year. And I am cool with being pushed out of my comfort zone if it means reading more engaging books like the ones mentioned above.

Words Set Free and We've Got A Job are two books mentioned in this weeks Sunday New York Times about books for Black History Month

No comments: