Friday, March 16, 2012

Support The Rebuilding of a Community W/ Books and Art

Awarding winning illustrator R. Gregory Christie is embarking on a wonderful new endeavour. He is opening a Children's Bookstore/ artistic studio, in Decatur, GA. I am so pysched about this, Christie bookshop would be a much needed breath of fresh air for Decatur and Atlanta. You can help Christie get this off the ground by supporting his Kickstarter Campaign by March 31.




I am opening up a bookstore and gift shop in Decatur, Georgia (inside of North Dekalb Mall). Although the lease is signed as of a few days ago, the store will officially open up in April. It will feature my children’s books along with tangible handmade products for sale. It’s my desire to make the space as appealing as the trendiest sneaker store, but instead of the newest gadget or latest $30,000 pair of sneakers, I want to have a heavy focus on books.

I will use this space as a live painting studio to work on children’s books and canvases but I will also coordinate weekend workshops to be held right inside of the mall. Everything from quilt making to dj-ing , the focus is to make people of all ages appreciative of their inner artist and to give the many teens walking around the complex something to do.
Consider it a store, my own personal passion, and a community space. However, Georgia has quite an expensive process to open a small business. Although I have covered many of the costs, I’d like to make the space stunning. So I humbly reach out to you, hoping that you’ll be willing to be a part of this as a well wisher, sponsor, or promoter. Thanks in advance!R. Gregory Christie"

3 comments:

Ms. Edith Campbell said...

I cannot wait to get back down there!!

TruEssence said...

Beautiful space to nurture our children's minds! Amazing space for the community. If I lived in your city I would definitely support it! Great way to rebuild and educate! Books are the gateway to infinite knowledge.-:)

Worldpcrack said...

smart defrag pro crack
radioboss crack
minitool power data recovery crack
n-track studio crack
movavi video converter crack
coolutils total pdf converter crack
easeus mobimover full crack
driver reviver crack
ableton live crack
minitool power data recovery crack