Friday, May 15, 2009

Me With You Kristin Dempsey Christopher Denise

Me with You by Kristin Dempsey , illus. by Christopher Denise This picture book came in last week, it didn't even make it to the shelf before I scooped it up to read. I loved it so much, the other day when I found it myself on the author's blog, I gushed like a little girl at a boy band concert in her comment box. While reading couldn't help but let out little sighs of happiness . This is one of the best text/illustration pairings I've seen in a while. Me With You celebrates the grandparent/grandchild relationship. Dempsey tells a wonderful rhythmic story. Using no more than five sentences per page. Me with You was simply a joy to read. Denise's beautiful illustrations, make it that much warmer. He expresses so much emotion in the characters faces. Even though the book is about a grandfather/granddaughter, I think it will work very well as father/daughter picture books. I actually thought it was a father and daughter until I read the inside flap.
Ages 3up

Great interview of Christopher Denise @ Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast

1 comment:

Lori Calabrese said...

I just read this book the other day on a bookstore visit! I fell in love with it, too! The cover drew me in--I couldn't resist!

All the best,
Lori
www.loricalabrese.com