Saturday, April 12, 2008


We've been getting a lot of very nice picture books lately. Night of the Veggie Monster by George McClements is stand out to me. As soon as I saw it in the stock room I had to read it. McClements illustration reminds me of the Knuffle Bunny books by Mo Willems. If anyone knows what this illustration is called, I'd love to know. In Night of the Veggie Monster, Its dinner time and the little boy as a serious dislike and distrust of veggies. So his parents only place three peas on his plate. As the little boy tries the peas his parents share a moment at the table wondering what his reaction will be. Their conversation are written in bubbles, so the reader can enjoy the humor of the situation right along with them. I've showed this books twice and am 2 for 2.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind words.
My illustration style is called collage. It combines different mediums (in this case colored paper and pencil, photos) to create a final image.
I'm glad you like the book

Doret said...

The first author to drop by very cool. Thanks for answering my question.