Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Samantha Who?


I try not to fall in love with TV shows any more because if I do they get canceled Wonderfalls and Arrested Development just to name two. Though sometimes it can't be help, and I am falling in love with ABC's new show Samantha Who? When I first watched it I was reminded of Gabrielle Zevin's Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac. Christina Applegate's character Samantha Newly has Amnesia. Yes its a small connection but its enough for me especially since I loved Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac and Samantha Who? is turning out to be a great show. It also helps that the Samantha Who's cast is filled with actors I really like, this of course includes Christina Applegate
Jean Smart plays Samantha's mom. I've seen her pull of comedy and drama, doing both well.
Jennifer Esposito plays Samantha's friend. I've been a fan since Spin City, she was also in the movie Crash
Melissa McCarthy plays the old friend/neighbor. She was the chef from Gilmore Girls I will admit to watching the first season of that.
So as much as I try not to fall for TV shows anymore, Samantha Who? is making be break that rule. At least it isn't on Fox.

No comments: