Friday, April 18, 2008

Today was a good day


I open my locker to find a package from Random House. The last time the RH rep stopped by, I asked her about the Opposite of Invisible by Liz Gallagher. I didn't really think I would get it because publisher reps keep really busy schedules but it really came. Whenever I open up a manila envelope from a publishing house it feels like opening a present. The goodness continues, at lunch a package comes for me from scholastic. I had no idea what it could be. I open it and inside is Meg Cabot's new book Airhead. I emailed for that a few weeks back, again thinking I wouldn't get it but why not try and it really came. The goodness continues a customer was shopping for her son. She had about 5 or 6 titles written down, including the new Percy Jackson, an Artemis Fowl bk and the new Ranger Apprentice. She got everything on her list except of course the new Percy Jackson. She then said the magic words, Any new books you think he might like? So I gave her Airman by Colfer, 100 Cupboards by Wilson, Viking Warriors by Roberts and Found by Haddix (she then got four more Haddix's books) There is nothing like seeing a customer leave the children's section with a basketfull of books. Everything else in between was just as good.

No comments: