Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Beautiful Brown Babies




Who's That Baby by Sharon Creech illus by David Diaz . When I first saw this a few years back, I gave a very high pitched squeal. Sharon Creech & David Diaz together is definitely squeal worthy. I have been a fan of David Diaz illus. since Wilma Unlimited David Diaz. Then I found the books he did with Eve Bunting and I knew I loved me some Diaz. Sharon Creech is Sharon Creech, her badnezz should never be questioned.
Love That Dog by Sharon Creech . If you're like who is Sharon Creech ? Well then Who's That Baby is a great introduction. The poems are beautiful and with the illustrations, you can't help but say ahhh look at the beautiful brown babies making this book irresistible. It would be a nice addition to any library. However it would be a perfect shower or new baby gift for a black, latino or interracial couple. No gift receipt required.


No comments: