Tuesday, September 21, 2010

On Sale Now : New Releases

Girl of Mine by Jabari Asim illus. by LeUyen Pham - A very cute board book that came out earlier in the year


I'm So Not Wearing a Dress by Mai S. Kemble - I really enjoyed this story about a tomboy who agrees to be a flower girl under a few conditions. The cover really pops in person.


Busing Brewster by Richard Michelson illus. by R.G. Roth - I know about this one thanks to Carol, a follow Round 1 Cybils judge for Non Fiction Picture books



Thanking the Moon by Grace Lin - Since no one called me out for missing this release last week, I am convinced no one actually reads this feature.


Anna Hibiscus by Atinuke and Lauren Tobia


Wonder Women Classics by Erin K. Stein illus. by Rick Farley - This is the only book on here that doesn't feature any kids of color. As far as I know this is the first time Wonder Woman has a learning to read book all to herself. Female superheroes for young readers are underrepresented as well. So it made the list


The Memory Bank by Carolyn Coman illus. by Rob Shepperson - You can't tell from this picture but its a diverse cover.


Violet in Bloom by Lauren Myracle - I love this middle grade series. This was as good as the first one. Will review soon. My review of book one.


Along the River by Adeline Yen Mah - This is a Chinese Cinderella story

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

I do, I do read it! I just don't know anything about picture books, and, on top of that, since my own new releases cover ten day spreads, I am never quite sure when anything is happening....

LaurieA-B said...

I just spotted the board books by Jabari Asim, illustrated by LeUyen Pham (who I know from the Alvin Ho books), and they are adorable. I bought a copy of Whose Knees Are These? for my nephew.

Doret said...

Charlotte - I use your releases to see if I've missed any fantasy novels.

LaurieA-B - Whose Knees Are These? is so cute. I love Alvin Ho and Ruby Lu

MissA said...

Ok I can't figure out the Chinese Cinderella Story books. Is it a series? I know the author has written other books but I think people are counting this as her YA debut...

Love this feature!

Doret said...

Ari -Adeline Yen Mah
has a non-fiction book called Chinese Cinderella: the true story of an unwanted daughter.

The author has a few other non fiction books but Along the River is her fictional debut.