Tuesday, September 14, 2010

On Sale Now : New Releases

Not a lot of new releases this week. The list in longer since I am still including a few titles that came out earlier in the year.

Don't Let Aunt Mabel Bless The Table by Vanessa Newton (new release) Newton a still a pretty new illustrator/ author and I really like her style.


Soap Soap Soap/Jabon Jabon Jabon by Elizabeth O. Dulemba (new paperback release) click over and watch the trailer its very cute.



Secret Lives of Princesses by Philippe Lechermeier illus by Rebecca Dautremer. This is a gorgeous book and there are brown princesses.


Doodlebug: A novel in doodles by Karen Romano Young


Calvin Coconut: Zoo Breath by Graham Salisbury (new release) Third book in a great series. My review of book two.


Return to Sender by Julia Alvarez (new paperback release) my review. This was one of my favorite middle grade novel's last year. Its also won the Belpre award


The Aristobrats by Jennifer Snow I had forgot this one last week, Liz B's review reminded me.


Spike Alienson by Malaika Rose Stanley illus. by Sarah Horne - The good news - the book is out and looks very good, click over, read the excerpt. The not so good news its a UK release. I won't make a habit of showing UK new releases but I couldn't resist. It very hard to find funny, contemporary middle grade novel's with Black male protagonist.

3 comments:

Kristi's Book Nook said...

I want every one of these books. They are on my list.

Doret said...

Kristi - its hard to only want one,

And thanks for the comment. Was starting to wonder if people were still checking out this feature.

redunk said...

Hey, don't forget about "Calvin Coconut: Dog Heaven," the third in the series and a very excellent children's book. Definitely looking forward to checking out the latest one, though...