Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Cybils Awards ( Get Ready to Nominate)

This is the 5 year of The Cybils or the Children's Young Adult Bloggers Literary Awards. I love The Cybils awards.

Last year, I was so excited to see that my middle grade fantasy novel pick -

Prince of Fenway Park by Julianna Baggott. Its nice knowing because of that nomination, at least five more people read a book I loved. I do remember seeing morereviews. From those 5 people word of book will continue to spread and so on.

If there's a children's or young adult book you love that was released in 2010, nominate it between Oct 1st and Oct 15th. Its a great oppurtunity to give a book that moved you a little more exposure.

This is will be the first year that I will be a panelist. I am on the 2010 Nonfiction Picture Book Panel Round I

2010 Nonfiction Picture Book Panel

Panelist (Round I Judges)

Shirley Duke, Simply Science
Amanda Goldfuss, ACPL Mock Sibert
Abby Johnson, Abby (the) Librarian
Jone MacCulloch Category Organizer
Karen Terlecky, Literate Lives
Carol Wilcox - Carol's Corner
and me

Judges (Round II):

Kara Dean, Not Just for Kids
Roberta Gibson, Wrapped in Foil
Deb Nance, Readerbuzz
Carol Rasco, Rasco from RIF
Franki Sibberson, A Year of Reading


There are some nice Cybils T-shirts and other items for sale at Cafe Press My favorite


2 comments:

rhapsodyinbooks said...

I am thrilled you are a panelist because you really know the field!!!

Tarie Sabido said...

WOOT!!! =D