Thursday, July 23, 2009

I revisit Dear Julia, in time for the Julie and Julia Movie

With the upcoming release of the Julie and Julia movie, I have been meaning to repost my review of Amy Bronwen Zemser's Dear Julia But I've been, dragging a bit. Though I decided today was the day. I needed to do something light and fun after reading so much about the cover controversy regrading the upcoming YA release Liar . So Dear Julia it is, my review.
I loved this book. It was passed around the bookstore 3 out 4 people loved it. I am not just saying that so we sound like dentist. I wish I could say it was loved by all.

If you plan on seeing Julie and Julia or you're a fan of Julia Childs, or you want to laugh long and hard, I highly recommend buying Dear Julia for yourself or a young reader you want to share your love of Julia Childs or cooking with.


Forget my review, read this excerpt

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your thoughtful comment on my post.

I agree with you. The publishing world really doesn't give teens enough credit. Even though I think books with poc on their covers would sell, I still don't think they'd sell as well as books with white people on their covers, which is a shame.

~Tashi

Colleen said...

The movie looks good - I hope it is; I really want it to be.

And yeah, the Liar controversy is sucking the life out of everyone. I wish it would go away but then again - the fact that it is here means we can't ignore it.

Damn.

Delray Beach Dentist said...

I was thinking about reading this book, I will pick it up today! Thanks for the review!