Monday, July 27, 2009

The Corner Bk Club/ Free Rock and River Download

I've mentioned The Corner Book Club, started by the artist Common before, though if you're not familiar, they read and discuss a book each month. They've read some very good books so far including Pemba's Song: A Ghost Story by Marilyn Nelson and Tonya C. Hegmin and The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie. I loved both of this novels. At the end of the month the authors stopped by to chat about the books. I loved that all these authors are taking the time out to stop by the Corner. If best selling authors can find the time to stop by The Corner, so can you.
This Month the book is The Rock and the River Kekla Magoon (loved it) Anyone who is a member can access a free digital copy of The Rock and the River. This is no membership fee, all you have to do is register
Download Rock and the River for Free
For those unfamiliar with Grammy Award winning artist Common, check this out

4 comments:

MissA said...

Thanks for sharing information this book club! I love Common, but I hadn't heard of his book club. I'm often to go join now :)

Anonymous said...

Powerful Malcolm X video. Got goosbumps. Thanks for sharing.

Mayra (aka: Mayra Lazara Dole)

susan said...

I don't know Common. Is this a generational gap moment? lol Going to check him out.

Loved Kekla's book. Why didn't you link to your review? I don't review enough books, but this one I did. I felt compelled to put something in print for this one.

Rasco from Rif said...

So glad to see the book club will be reading The Rock and the River. I was so impressed with this "debut" writer, look forward to continuing great work from Kekla!