Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Girls Got Game II

I am still in the middle of my reading kick of girl sport books. Out of all the books I've read so far, Boost by Kathy Mackel is my favorite. My review I really enjoyed all the softball books I've read but I can't look at another one right now. I was worried this burn out would effect other sport books but it didn't. I recently finished The Necessary Hunger by Nina Revoyr. Basketball is the sport of choice. Set in 84 Los Angeles. Nancy Takahiro and her father are the only Japanese family living in Inglewood. Nancy is a star athlete . Soon there are two star athletes living in the same house, when the father's girlfriend and daugther, Raina moves in. I liked this one alot. Susan I do believe I found another book for your unofficial list of great YA by or about women of color

Books I am looking forward to,
Tackling Dad by Elizabeth Levy
Twenty Miles by Cara Hedley, (Hockey)
The Ring by Bobbie Pyron - (Boxing) An upcoming release (September) by a new YA author. I will also be interviewing the author. After the interview this kick is officially over.

1 comment:

hajikhatri said...

Its as if you had a great grasp on the subject matter, but you forgot to include your readers. Perhaps you should think about this from more than one angle. solitaire card games free