Monday, May 11, 2009

Being Nikki Meg Cabot

Being Nikki by Meg Cabot, I was really looking forward to this sequel to Airhead which I loved. This not so much. The first book I read by Cabot was When Lightning Strikes ,that was way back when the book was still listed under Cabot's pen name of Jenny Carroll. Whoever the author I loved the 1-800 -Where- R - You Series. I've been a Cabot fan ever since. In the first book Airhead, after a bizarre accident a tomboy, Em Watts brain is transplanted into the body of Nikki Howard, a teenage supermodel. I know it sounds strange but Airhead was really good. So I was looking forward to reading Being Nikki. This story never went anywhere for me. Em as Nikki simply seemed to be repeating herself. More than once Em as Nikki talks about how evil Stark Enterprises is, and what they would do to her parents if anyone found out the truth about the transplant. Em as Nikki was constantly mentioning listening devices planted by SE. Em keeps going on about her best friend Christopher and if he will ever see that on the inside Nikki Howard was Em Watts. Because this was by Cabot, I kept reading a lot longer than I would've most books hoping it would get better. I did finish the last few chapters but I skimmed the middle. So far from the reviews I've read on Being Nikki everyone else loves it. So I will stand alone in my unlike, it won't stop me from looking forward to the next Cabot book. Though I'll pass on the next book in this series.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You received The Kreative Blogger Award

here