Thursday, July 31, 2008

Time to Donate

The last time I made a big donation of children's books was a few years back. At the time I was buying kids books like crazy from my bookstore and the five dollar bookstore, its actually not called that. I have no I idea what the name is but they have a good selection of African American children's books for five dollars. I had a roommate who was a teacher, we used to clean up. Was at the five dollar bookstore yesterday they had some nice titles including Linda Brown, You Are Not Alone by Joyce Carol Thomas and Autobiography of My Dead Brother by Walter Dean Myers. It was not easy but I resisted the urge to buy. Earlier that day I had just packed up 35 books to donate. Last time I took the books to the library. This time since I have some arc's as well, I will donate to a children's hospital. Today I was informed that the hospital library is hardcover only however they allow the parents to take home the paperbacks. As long as the books find readers I don't care what the hospital decides to do with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.