Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm Back

So I just got back from my trip home to New York. I had a good time. I took the the public transportation home from the airport. Only in NY(well maybe San Francisco) can two women make out on a crowded bus and no one bat an eye. Someone did say they should get a room when they got off and I did bat an I eye once when the girl gave the other one a number. (making out like that, I'd hope you'd already have her number). My sister dropped me off at the airport today. My flight sat on the runway for an hour. Traffic, my ass is still sore. I sat next to a nice couple who was visiting N.Y for their 50th anniversary. The wife and I talked about books. This trip was very good for me. My sister helped to realize I was in a emotional funk. I already knew it but she helped me face it, its too hard to B.S family. So now I will take steps to unfunk my life. I took the first step yesterday, cut my locks off again. The stylist asked me if I wanted to keep the hair. I said nah am cool, I already got a bag at home, not from the last time I cut my locks but the time before that. I am going to see about finishing up school. As much as I love working in a bookstore I need more. I also need to be paid what I am worth. I don't usually toot my own horn, but when it comes to kids books I am pretty badazz. I am smart enough to know that I don't know everything about kids books, and I will never know everything, but I am open to learning from anywhere and everyone. My 10 yr old nephew broke down Avatar and Ben 10 for me and introduced me to Total Drama Island. I get some sweet cool points from kids for knowing about that stuff. I always work hard, unfortunately its not in me to halfazz a job. Everyone appreciates what I do, but that appreciation does not show up in my paychecks. I deserve more. So I plan on finishing up school and getting more. I am not ready to go back to work, I've been gone so long its not the first thing I think about. I don't even want to think about what the kid section looks like. Oh if you want to hear the most fabulous (as in ghetto) movie message ever dial 718- 320-3020 and if can beat that please give me the number

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Welcome back, Doret! And congrats for going back to school :)