Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday - A Little of Everything

I got a very nice unexpected gift . Edi sent me an authographed copy of
A Nation's Hope: The Story of Boxing Legend Joe Louis by Matt de la Pena, illus. by Kadir Nelson. Edi shares some pictures from a recent conference, where she meet a few authors including Matt de la Pena.

On Monday, my Kidlit Celebrates Women's History Month post went up. If you haven't already check it out, Women of Color Make Their Presence Known It turned out really well. I loved my beginning.

Much of the credit goes to organizers Margo Tanenbaum and Lisa Taylor. I am very happy they didn't listen to my suggestion about which covers to show. What they did is so much better. I never would've thought to include the video interview with Paula Yoo. The link to the video, yes. That one extra step could mean the difference of someone buying Shining Star.
Author Esther Friesner's Kidlit Celebrates Women's History Month post - Haunted by History Friesner has an historical fiction novel coming out called Threads and Flames about the 1910 Triangle Fire, which killed over 140 workers thanks to unsafe working conditions. Friday, March 25 was the anniversary of the fire. On Friday morning I read Friesner's Haunted by History

In the evening I read author Zetta Elliott's post about the Triangle Fire Elliott links to the PBS film and I will do the same here . After reading two separate post about the Triangle Fire, I didn't hesitate to watch the film.

No comments: