Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Little Otis Redding... Because

I just finished Sara Zarr's latest YA novel How to Save a Life , reading Zarr makes me happy not because the subject matter is light, its never that but the author handles everything with such care and I am always moved by the strength of her writing. How to Save a Life has received five starred reviews An excerpt

One of the main characters, Jill MacSweeney has fond memories connected to Try a Little Tenderness, giving me a great excuse to share some Otis Redding



And I couldn't resist the urge to include my favorite scene from Pretty in Pink

1 comment:

Stacey Donaldson said...

I love me some Otis! This post made my day!

Stop over and enter to win a copy of 5 Reasons to Leave a Lover by Carolyn Moncel. She's a sister originally from Chi-town, but now lives in Europe. The book consist of a novela and 4 short stories, quick and easy read :-)

http://www.thewritetomakealiving.com/2011/12/5-reasons-to-leave-lover.html