Tuesday, November 23, 2010

On Sale Now : New Releases (Latino Edition)

I didn't set out to make this the Latino Edition but one thing lead to another.

La aventura del Dia Mundial de al Escuela by Shakira, illus. by Kellee Riley and Kuni Tomita. And yes tt's the grammy award winning artist. This Dora Explorer book is making the list because I know Shakira does a lot of charity work.*


Manolito Four Eyes by Elvira Lindo, illus by Emilio Urberuga, translated by Joanne Moriarty. This is a popular children's series in Spain. An excerpt


When the Stars go Blue by Caridad Ferrer. I love this cover. This sounds like a beautiful story, I can't wait to read it. Even more so after the author was kind enough to answer a few questions about Latino authors and Young Adult literature for my blog back in October. Ferrer's answers were just WOW. I (I already have my copy) read an excerpt or Ari's rave review


I've done many features and interviews this year, More Latino Authors/Necesitamos mas autores Latinos was one of my favorites. It was only as good as it was because of the authors

Three of my favorite Latino Picture Books of 2010

Chavela and the Magic Bubble by Monica Brown illus. by Magaly Morales. my review

Floating on Mama's Song by Laura Lacamara, illus by Yuyi Morales. my review

The Tooth Fairy Meets El Raton Perez by Rene Colato Lainez, illus by Tom Lintern. my review



*Maybe one of Shakira's people will accidentally find this and tell her about "When the Stars Go Blue" a story about a Latina girl who loves to dance. Shakira reads it and loves it,next thing you know, Ferrer's novel is muy caliente.

No comments: