Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cindy Pon's Arc Contest- Fury of the Phoenix

Author Cindy Pon's YA debut Silver Phoenix was released in 2009. I really enjoyed it. It was nice reading a good story that wasn't more of the same. Looking back on it now, I took Silver Phoenix for granted. YA fantasy is so popular right now and there's a lot coming out . I assumed quality original YA would be published. Now that I know that I was wrong, I have a greater appreciation for Silver Phoenix. My review

The sequel, Fury of the Phoenix is scheduled to be released at the end of March. I am really looking forward to reading it. Pon's having an arc contest at her blog. Usually I don't mention author contest because the chances of winning are very slim. Though I am making an exception here

Because
Silver Phoenix was very good. It would make a great gifts. If you go to a bookstore, you'll probably have to order it. But its worth it trust me. Or don't take my word for it, go read the excerpt

A Fury of the Phoenix contest, is one thing I wouldn't mind seeing everywhere.

A wonderful series that's not more of the same and is diverse should be hyped up.

The contest is open until Dec. 1. - So if you are a Silver Phoneix fan, go enter and talk it up.

Also, Check out Diversity in YA Fiction - Pon is one of the co-founders.

Diversity in YA Fiction is a website and book tour founded by two young adult authors, Malinda Lo and Cindy Pon, to celebrate diverse stories in YA.

DIYA is a positive, friendly gathering of readers and writers who want to see diversity in their fiction. We come from all walks of life and backgrounds, and we hope that you do, too. We encourage an attitude of openness and curiosity, and we welcome questions and discussion. Most of all, we can’t wait to have fun sharing some great books with you.

It's nice to see two authors with the same goal working together. Especially when the book market is set up in such a way that authors releasing Asian inspired YA fantasy around the same time could easily be pitted aganist each other. So much kudos to Cindy Pon and Malinda Lo. Lo's next YA novel Huntress is scheduled to come out in April

1 comment:

MissA said...

Between this and Dia giving away a copy of SoC and Fury of the Phoenix, I have a lot to be thankful for this week ;)