Friday, October 22, 2010

Latino Authors - The End Has Come

When I do a feature I never know how its going to turn out. I loved this one, thanks to the authors.

In cased you missed it,

More Latino Authors Please/necesitamos mas autores Latinos

The Authors

Alex Sanchez
Jennifer Cervantes
Christina Gonzalez
Caridad Ferrer
Francisco X. Stork

And Finally
Who published what
Cincos Puntos Press

Initially one of the authors I asked to take part was Coert Voorhees I loved his debut novel The Brothers Torres. Voorhees got back to me quickly and informed me that he's White. I was surprised and some what embarrassed for getting his ethnicity wrong. Do I think less of The Brothers Torres, because the author isn't Latino? No. Good is good.

I decided to do this feature because I am for people being able to tell their own stories and create their own characters. Not because I am against writers who write as outsiders. Every writer should have the same freedom to create.

If you are searching for Latino authors, adult and children's literature - La Bloga is a must read.

If you made it all the way to the end. Gracias.


Kristi Bernard said...

I am with you on writers just wanting to create. Thanks for sharing.

campbele said...

Have you read this post on GuysLitWire?

It speaks of hijacking someone else's story and making it our own.

I really liked this series because while it is so critical for POC to work together to get our stories read and published, we still can't speak for one another. I like how you provided the forum and stepped back. That's how we do it!! Like they say 'working together works!"