Tuesday, October 26, 2010

On Sale Now : New Releases

Pecan Pie Baby by Jacqueline Woodson, illus. by Sophie Blackall

The Runaway Piggy/El cochinito fugtivo by James Luna, illus. by Laura Lacamara

Some Kind of Love: A Family Reunion in Poems by Traci Dant, illus. by Eric Velasquez - I know about this one thanks to Mary Ann

Takeshita Demons by Cristy Burne, illus. by Siku - learned about this one at Mary Ann's blog as well. Her review

Hereville: How Mirka Got Her Sword by Barry Deutsch - Though this book has no kids of color, I put it one the list because the main character is Jewish, and its not a Holocaust story. I loved it Will review soon.

We Could Be Brothers by Derrick Barnes

Pull by B.A. Binns - This was really good. An excellent YA debut. I will review soon


Charlotte said...

I'm looking forward to Takeshita Demons!

Em said...

I'm looking forward to checking these out! I love Jacqueline Woodson and Eric Velasquez. Thanks for the heads up!

Barry Deutsch said...

Thanks so much for including Hereville! I hope you enjoy it.

Although there's no way for you to know this as a reader, there actually is a kid of color in Hereville -- Mirka's stepsister Rochel. Rochel's father is black.

But since readers have no way of knowing that, I don't think it "counts" yet. If I get to do as many Hereville books as I want to do, readers will eventually get the chance to learn a lot more about Rochel's life.

Barry Deutsch said...

Oops, you already said you enjoyed it! Sorry, I misread the first time. But I'm really glad you loved it, and I'll look forward to your review.

contemplatrix said...

love Woodson and Sophie Blackall! excited to see them together.


Doret said...

Charlotte- me too. I love the cover.

Em - Your welcome

Barry - Thanks so much for stopping by. I loved me some Hereville. Its nice to know there are more to come. That makes me very happy.

Contemplatrix - Woodson and Blackall together is some serious goodness.