Friday, July 30, 2010

Coming Soon

I don't normally do coming soon post, though I figured I would do one now since I have posted in a bit.

I will be posting an review and 3 blogger interview of G. Neri upcoming release Yummy lThe other two bloggers participating in the interview are Edi from Crazy Quilts and Ari from Reading in Color.

The group interview was Edi's idea. When she suggested it I was like duh, thats a great idea. Though I was worried how it would turn out. If you have ever read any of my interviews you know I like to ask a lot of questions. This time we all limited ourselves to three questions. And I think it came out really well. Edi had questions 1-3, 4-6 were mine and Ari had 4-6. We saw each others questions before they were sent off to the authors. So there is a cohesiveness to them. Even more so because I wrote my questions after seeing Edi's and Ari's wrote hers after seeing mines.

A picture book biography I loved recently is Seeds of Change by Jen Cullerton Johnson. My review. Johnson was kind enough to agree to an interview will be posting that in the near future.

With school starting soon, I was planning to do a diverse list of picture books in school settings. Like Two of a Kind by Jacqui Robbins and The Name Jar by Yangsook Choi.

Of course there will be more reviews. I haven't forgotten my new release feature yet. Since I missed a week, there are alot of new kids books featuring kids of color to mention. Will post on Tuesday, since that is the day new books come out.

No comments: