Saturday, June 6, 2009

June 9th Live Chat W/ Authors of Pemba's Song

A while back I mentioned artist Common's online book club for teens The Corner Book Club. I don't think I did right by it, so I am going to do it a little louder this time. Its great site and its easy to find your way around. I especially enjoy the celebrity interviews. Since its a site about books everyone is asked what their favorite book is. I always enjoy finding out what books celebrities love and are reading. Common's interview, where he shows some love to libraries. So far they have done some really great books. The April selection was The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian by Sherman Alexie. At the end of each month the authors stop by for a live chat. I love that authors are taking the time to participate in this new project. The last book was Pemba's Song by Marilyn Nelson and Tonya C. Hegamin. On Tuesday June 9 at 7:30 est. Nelson and Hegamin will be chating live at the Corner about Pemba's Song. A book I loved my review








4 comments:

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Thanks for telling us about this. I will check it out!

Anonymous said...

Common has a foundation which also supports literacy.

http://campbele.wordpress.com/2008/06/13/my-kind-of-vision/

I still haven't really listened to his music, have you heard it?

Zetta Elliott said...

Hey, Doret--thanks for this sampling of his music--I'm ashamed to say that like Edi, I don't know his music, though I'm impressed by his foundation and book club...beats handing out frozen turkeys at Thanksgiving...

Doret said...

Love Common's sound. Zetta, you went way back with that New Jack City reference. Love it