Friday, June 5, 2009

Horrid Henry Francesca Simon Tony Ross

Horrid Henry by Francesca Simon illus. by Tony Ross This is a number one chapter book series U.K. It is now finally available in the U.S. thank you Sourcebooks. This was so much fun to read, I laughed out loud many times. When I finished it my first thought -what took it so long to get State side. The majority of the early chapter books I see coming are so girly. Publishers, not every girl wants to read about princesses, fairies or ponies. A little variety would be nice. The Horrid Henry series makes me a very happy bookseller. The covers are great, Horrid Henry always has a mischievous look on his face. Each book includes four stories about 20 pages per story. In this one Henry is in dance class and does not want to be a rain drop. Since this is already sold in 27 countries I won't spend much time telling you how wonderful the writing is, just check out the preview link below and see for yourself. Ages 6 up

No comments: