Friday, June 8, 2012

Congratulations to Vaunda Micheaux Nelson (2012 Boston Globe -Horn Book Award)

Ms. Nelson is  the 2012 Boston Globe -Horn Book Award Winner in fiction for No Crystal Stair.  A story I absolutely loved. My review.  I interviewed the author earlier in the year. I thought Nelson's documentary novel about Lewis Michaux the first African American bookseller ever, located in Harlem had a lot of adult cross over. So I decided to ask author Carleen Brice if I could post her blog White Readers Meet Black Authors, and she was kind enough to say yes. No Crystal Stair has received four starred reviews.

Also Congratulations to the two fiction honor winners

Mal Peet for Life.  One can never go wrong with a Peet novel. I've been a fan since Keeper and Life is a very good novel.  Of the three, this is the only one published in 2011, which says (at least to me) a lot about the book. (all good of course)  It received four starred reviews


And Elizabeth Wein for Code Name Verity. - I loved this one so much. I will be fan gushing, I mean reviewing this one soon.  Until then definitely believe the hype. It has received at least three starred reviews and a lot of rave reviews are already online.

The starred Horn Book reviews for all three can be found here.  A listing of 2012 winners in all categories can be found here.

No comments: