Friday, April 29, 2011

Ling & Ting: Not Exactly the Same - Grace Lin

Ling&Ting: Not Exactly the Same by Grace Lin
Everyone thinks Ling and Ting are exactly the same. They do everything together just never the same. In the six stories the sisters show just how different they are.

In the first one Ling and Ting get their haircut. Ting sneezes and the barber takes too much off her bang. After that it's easy to look at Ling and Ting and tell them apart. In all the stories the sisters do everything together but in their own way.

This is a great early reader. The stories are very sweet and flow into each other nicely. I love how Lin's illustrations make the stories that much more engaging. I have my fingers crossed that there will be more Ling&Ting stories in the future.

A few starred professional reviews via author's site.

An excerpt

2 comments:

Em said...

This book is very sweet - and silly at times. I wonder if there will ever be more?

Doret said...

I hope there will be more.