Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Theodosia Eyes of Horus - R.L. Lafevers

Theodosia and the Eyes of Horus by R.L. Lafevers
When I discovered Theodosia (Theo) last year, she was already into her second adventure "Theodosia and the Staff of Osiris I kept putting off reading the book but eventually got to it and loved it. Eyes of Horus was just as good. Theo's parents own the Museum of Legends and Antiquities. Theo is able to detect and remove curses and black magic on artifacts. Theo finds the Eyes of Horus, a very valuable Egyptian artifact in the museum's holdings. Theo must quickly figure out who she can trust, and avoid the people looking to harm her.

Smart and independent Theo was one of my favorite female protagonist of 2009 and she didn't disappoint. This is simply a very well done mystery series and a whole lot of fun. Its perfect for fans of Glida Joyce.

An excerpt from The Eyes of Horus

An excerpt from book one, which is available in paperback.

I took the time to link to two excerpts because this series is that good.

2 comments:

rhapsodyinbooks said...

I looked at the excerpts - it sounds better than I thought. And I love books that include drawings. Did you read The Book of A Thousand Days by Shannon Hale? It has a great female protagonist and drawings also!

Doret said...

Jill - This series is just a whole lot of fun

I love Shannon Hale's work but I haven't read The Book of A Thousand Days yet.