Friday, June 4, 2010

Muu, Moo Rimas de Animales - Alma Flor Alda - F. Isabel Campoy -Vivi Escriva

Muu, Moo!: Rimas de Animales/Animal Nursery Rhymes by Alma Flor Ada & F. Isabel Campoy, illus. Vivi Escriva , English verisions, Rosalma Zubizarrela

This is a bilingual collection of traditional animal nursery rhymes from Spain, Latin America and the United States. The nursery rhymes are wonderfully fun and great read alouds. The beautiful and detailed illustrations are a perfect fit. The more I look at this book, the more I love it. One of my favorite is My Donkey


My donkey told me today
his head is hurting, oh my!
The doector said that he should
put on a long black tie.

My donkey told me today
his throat is hurting, oh my!
The doctor said that he should
put on a long white tie.

My donkey told me today
his ears are hurting, oh no!
The doctor said that he should
wear a black hat just so.

My donkey told me today
his heart is hurting, he thinks.
The doctor decided to give him
some lemon syrup to drink

My donkey told me today
he no longer hurts at all
The doctor decided to give him
some apple syrup this fall

New School Library review via author Alma Flor Ada's site. This month Muu Moo is the book selection for Latin Baby Book Club

I've linked this post to Poetry Friday. The round up can be found at The Cazzy Files this week.

2 comments:

evelyn.n.alfred said...

Sounds cute.

On another note, do you have a Twitter page?

Doret said...

No. but always free feel to email. Especially if its about Who Fears Death